Sunday, December 14, 2008

Your World

I love you, my friend.
I appreciate the opportunity to call you friend.
There are over 6 billion people in this world, but God allowed me to be friends with you.
Have you ever thought about that?
Out of all the people in this world, there are certain people who are determined to hate you, there are others who are determined to love you and go out of their way to show you that love, and there are some people who couldn't care less about what happens to you.
Around you is a distinct network.
You almost have your own personal world.
In that world, you have people of all sizes and ages, and from all walks of life.
Your world has a nice mixture of personalities and characteristics.
This diverse, dynamic world is ever-expanding as you meet new people and as new lives are borne into the worlds of friends and loved ones.
The question is, how are you impacting the people in your world?
By what name do those people know you - grumpy, angry, wacky, discontent, unforgiving, rude, ungrateful, sweet, kind, thankful, humble, generous, compassionate, indifferent, selfish...the list is infinite?
Instead of passively allowing society and circumstances to impact you, actively decide what impact you will have on your immediate environment.
Live life; give love.
It's the most inexpensive gift you can give.
No Wal-Mart employee could possibly get trampled to death in customers' hot pursuit of a reasonable price on love.
It's an inherent, endless gift that we can give and give without ever concerning ourselves with whether we'll have enough to go around.
Give Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich vocabulary you have there. I'm amazed.

Yes, I have thought about that. And I am glad that we are given the chance to be friends even if I'm at the other side of the world. Soon, if the LORD permits, I will be there.

I hope I'm impacting others in a good way so it is good to think first (meditate) before we speak or act.

Very profound insight you have here. I love it! Keep writing. I'll keep reading.

GOD BLESS YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND! I LOVE YOU WITH THE LOVE OF OUR LORD! P.U.S.H.

Anonymous said...

I love your writing! Wow.

His Awesome Splendor

His Awesome Splendor
Upon seeing this view, I knew I had to capture it.

My Fave...

My Fave...