Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This Cool Breeze

I wish that I could control my thoughts and my heart's longings.
If only I could wake tomorrow morning and have no memory of this breeze.

This breeze has drifted into my life and sharpened my perspective.
It has subtly blown away some of the pollution that clouded my view, and has affected me greatly.
It has drifted from my face to my lungs to my heart and throughout my being, all in one breath.

I appreciate people more.
I understand the rarity of quality individuals better.
I see the world a little differently.
I'm more thankful for the trials that God has brought me through.
I now see that my life has not been easy, but it could have been much more difficult.
I now see that my circumstances aren't the best, but they could be much worse.

I'm more thankful than I've ever been for the wonderful people God has allowed to cross my path.

New Years' Day (around 2am) I made a list of almost 300 individuals, families, and groups that I have been immensely honored to encounter.
I truly believe that God has a purpose for this climate change in my life, and I'm grateful for it.

This breeze originated and dwelt in Casablanca for many years, then traveled to Washington state, and now resides in my "neck of the woods".

This is a breeze as rare as a purple diamond, so I'm blessed to have heard the story of its journey, seen the beauty of its mass, and felt the wonder of its coolness.

What a lovely refreshing breeze this is, but only temporary is any weather condition that ensues. I dread the day when this breeze has moved on to another part of the world, never to wist away my polluted perspective again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Leslie! Thank you for posting that! Everyone needs to be reminded to be truly thankful. I forget far too often! God Bless~!

bamamama said...

i love your idea of a thankful list
i love it so much i am going to steal it for myself!! I too have much to be thankful for adn a list will keep me out of the Pit-
that pity party pit I have been having lately!
You have inspired me thank you

His Awesome Splendor

His Awesome Splendor
Upon seeing this view, I knew I had to capture it.

My Fave...

My Fave...