Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I just couldn't NOT share this :)

Ok, so I'm going on a mission trip next month.
I have been living super far below my means lately to save for the trip.

Because there a few people who have donated to the cause, I felt it necessary to budget my own money very carefully.

So, my monthly expenses allow me to save quite a bit, and I figured I'd save most of the money myself. Another reason I wanted to save it myself, is that my family and friends of my family have been extremely instrumental to getting me to where I am today. Now that God has blessed me with a job, I just don't feel comfortable petitioning them for monetary support.

Anyway, upon recent reviews of my budget, I realized I won't actually be able to save ALL the money myself.

My pride (I know, I know) kept me from talking to fam that I had originally told, I didn't need their financial support.

TODAY, I saw that my sister called, texted, and left me a voicemail message.

Turns out, she wanted to transfer some $ to my account for my trip.

ALL I could do was tell God THANK YOU!!!!!!

I've been trying to think of what I would say to her, but God had everything planned out all along. I'm soooo thankful for that!!!

Oh, and Tricia (a grad student in the lab I work in) gave me a calendar. I love calendars and I haven't had a chance to buy one for 2009, so my day is soooo awesome!!

Oh oh, AND I just got an email that I don't have class tomorrow. This is good because I haven't been able to access blackboard to download the journal articles I would have a quiz on tomorrow.

Sidenote: I'm not in grad school, but I'm taking a grad-level cardiovascular pathology course just for kicks. It's very challenging, but very interesting.

God is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Terri said...

God is SOOO Awesome!!! He's gonna totally provide for your missions trip! I'm going on missions to Turkey in June and I'm believing that God will supply everything! :) Bless you!

His Awesome Splendor

His Awesome Splendor
Upon seeing this view, I knew I had to capture it.

My Fave...

My Fave...