Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our next Chief of State

We are in the midst of breaking history.

Will our country be bequeathed to the oldest person to be sworn in for his first term, or the first African American candidate?

Will racism and perceived inexperience prevail over a wistful yearning for change?

This election has been a pivotal one in that it has resurrected memories of historical events that many considered permanently buried in a deep grave of equality and civil rights.
I've seen more racism and hate in the news and in the eyes of strangers in the past few months than I've ever seen in my life.

Tonight will be an evening filled with emotion.
Supporters of the losing candidate will be enraged, while supporters of the winner will be elated.
My hopes are that events remain at a controlled, safe level.

Regardless of the outcome (I've already voted, and there's really nothing more that I can do), I am eagerly awaiting the end of this election, because the commotion that has accompanied it has been extremely exorbitant.

Tonight is the night.

Obama or McCain, tonight is the night.

No comments:

His Awesome Splendor

His Awesome Splendor
Upon seeing this view, I knew I had to capture it.

My Fave...

My Fave...