Monday, April 6, 2009

Jesus, Take EVERYTHING

There's a song by Seventh Day Slumber called Take Everything. [Maybe most of you know of this song, but it's new to me, so I thought I'd share...]

The chorus says:

Take the pain inside
Take the brokenness
Don't stop till there's nothing left
My arrogance my pride loss of innocence
Jesus, take everything.

That is my cry. I want God take away the pain of my past, and teach me how to let it go.
I want Him to take away my arrogance, my pride, and my loss of innocence.
I want Him to take it all away.

The song goes on to say:

There's nothing left of me
That's when I feel alive.

That is so awesome!
I want to have nothing left of me in me. I want God to feel me with Him - with His love, His compassion, His Holy Spirit.
I want everything like me to be replaced by the characteristics that are like Him.

My prayer is for God take EVERYTHING.

No comments:

His Awesome Splendor

His Awesome Splendor
Upon seeing this view, I knew I had to capture it.

My Fave...

My Fave...